View Single Post
Old 15-06-2014, 04:16 AM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
But the situation is not.

As real as the people are and the emotions and the relationships are, it is still a highly intense artificial experience that brings out the best and worst in people - which is exactly why it's a "social experiment" and why I find it so compelling. You have to remember you aren't watching people being horrible in their every day lives, you're watching them in an extremely high pressure environment among a community of strangers with conflicting personalities. That's why I personally think nobody should ever take the show, or people's behavior on it, too seriously. It's an entertainment television show at the end of the day. Everyone on their show is essentially pushed to their absolute limit, and it just shows nobody is perfect (though of course there are those on the show who have tried to come off as so by learning to mask true emotions as a coping mechanism).
..excellent post Ryan...I think that in some parts BB tries to find the more 'extreme' characters but then the VTs are often misleading to what the housemates are really like and designed to just get them noticed and chosen but it's also always interesting to see individuals cut off from their support circle and see how they react to situations and their environment...I do think though that to an extent we have to 'take it seriously' because the point of it is to observe them and then to vote etc so as much as we can have an understanding that this is not a real situation and some of the housemates are probably very nice people in their every day lives, we can only judge them on their behaviour in the house and we have to judge them to be able to vote and for the show to be what it is...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote