View Single Post
Old 22-07-2014, 09:07 PM #10

Quote:
Jack Edwards asks if Helen hugely influenced your time in the house?

You’ve got 16 people in the house, obviously not counting myself, 15 including Helen, those 14 people gave Helen the time to speak for the first 2 or 3 weeks, when 14 people are giving someone a lot of time then what happens after that in week 6 or 7, naturally that person is going to feel very comfortable, especially after being given a final pass, for us to sit and give all the responsibility to Helen is a bit of a joke.

15 other people gave her that emphasis, we haven’t just let someone come in and act like a complete nightmare, we’ve given her that ability, if people hadn’t humoured her to begin with, we wouldn’t be in this position, I’m talking about the housemates, the people who were actually there.

I have done interviews, including the one for BOTS yesterday where other housemates were present and everyone was very quick to put an emphasis on Helen being a nightmare, when in reality 14 people have given her the energy to do this, me sitting here saying its all Helen’s fault is a lie, I was in that house, I have eyes, I have ears and I think it’s quite bad for people to project onto one person, lets face it, people gave her the time to speak, people gave her the time to express herself and humoured her for many many weeks, it was only until Toya and Matthew’s power run that people started to question it, when you’ve given people 3 weeks of that, they’re going to stand up and wonder what’s changed, its natural to do that if someone’s given you that ability and suddenly taken it away.

I think we’ve got to be realistic about this, Helen isn’t god, she is a human being, she is like you and I, she is a normal person, she has issues, she has a background and the quicker we realise that and put more emphasis on the 14 other people that gave her the energy to run like this, we could have turned round at the beginning and said ‘Hang on a minute, this isn’t right.’ now I attempted to do that, but at this point, many other people didn’t want me to do it, if after 5 or 6 weeks they want to turn round and say its all Helen’s fault, then that’s fine, but I’ve got eyes and I’m sorry but I see it from a completely different perspective if I’m really honest with you.
What an excellent answer.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote