Thread: Pavandeep Why is he disliked so much?
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2014, 09:23 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiee View Post
I really don't understand it, he's come across as a normal guy, no different to ash or winston apart from the fact he isn't exactly considered as 'good looking'.
That's just it, for loads he's 100% different to Winston and Ash who are "lads next door, conventionally good looking, #bantz, footy, booze, birds, Ibiza, magaloof and could easily fit into TOWIE or Geordie Shore". When they see a Pav they see an Asian and moveover someone in a turban ie not like them.

Let's be real here, imo the majority of sort of people who love Winston n Ash ie love struck tweenie girls, young ladies and #bantz blokes who see Winston and Ash as the kind of blokes they can relate to will see Pav as "other". I have yet to see any tweenie girls declare they find Pav hot or a winner.

Asian men I suspect are often not seen a "desirable" in UK mainstream culture, asexual and annoying- unless they are mixed with white ie Jimi Mistry (Corrie), gorgeous Zayn 1D, Siva the Wanted. Undesireable male Asians is a Tv trope, annoyingly. In Big Bang Theory Indian character Raj is the least developed male character and has the least written love life, there's an Asian guy in Rules of Engagement who has no love life, Mindy Kaling shuns Asian suiters in her comedy for white guys, in Eastenders Fatboy and Tamwar are love lorn losers whilst Jay, Steven and Lee Carter all have romantic lives

Even within various Brit Asian communities, sadly a Pav type is seen as too dark.

Last edited by alex_front2; 27-07-2014 at 09:42 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote