Thread: Helen Her sad life
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:55 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
It would be nice if people learned to care for those they don't like as much as they care about people they do like.

It's a pity this kind of responsibility could not be taught to Helen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Why would we care for people we dislike. We dislike them because have ugly traits...disrespectful and rude... Why on earth would I want to give them a minute of my time let alone care about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
Then why care about the victims of a disaster or abused children or.....slaves etc.

Seek first to understand then be understood.

There but for and accident of birth go I, might also be true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy_CraigO View Post
You're seriously saying that if you don't care about Helen then you can't care about slaves, abused children and disaster victims?

Umm............................................... ........................
What I am saying is that clearly when we don't know if we like or dislike person(s) we can care about them and their circumstance but that changes when when we know them. Why do people behave that way? Under close examination this behaviour might be called 'two faced' or hypocritical. However general behaviour can be ignored and specific knowledge of a person can not be forgotten. So in a sense people we may or may not like generally can be cared for but people we have specific knowedge of can't be treated the sames way. The only way to be consistant is to care about people we do like as much as we care about people we don't like. Tricky I know but there it is.
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote