View Single Post
Old 22-08-2014, 07:41 AM #3

When watching BB I always try to self case situations and RE Gary its a difficult call.His behaviours do come across as rude and arrogant sometimes but I feel this is more down to his hearing difficulties than the "I am Hollywood" so you will listen syndrome.

This cuts both ways as it must be difficult for the other HMs to interact do I talk louder and slower will this be seen as patronising has he heard and understood what I am saying.?

I feel this is the cause of an increasing amount of negativity being generated towards him and the cynic in me asks did BB expect this but is now panicking as it escalates. Witness BB asking James to understand and intervene.

It is interesting that two of the "he must go advocates" are American.Leslie and Steph (More strategic game playing than dislike).? As he now has BB and possibly James advocating on his behalf it is possible that the ugly pack mentality will decrease.

I think as a viewer that he is interesting to watch and if nominated will be saved but to answer the main OP question is difficult as I feel he has become unpopular because of his hearing difficulties. The BB winner Sam over came this via keeping a low profile during the early stages but Gary has chosen a different path and this is what makes him a great HM imo.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote