View Single Post
Old 24-08-2014, 09:44 AM #18

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
I don't think Leslie has said anything transphobic at all, so this question makes no sense to me.

and trans has nothing to do with being gay, i've always been annoyed that trans people get lumped in with the gay rights movement. The vast majority of trans people are heterosexual.

kellie needs to check her privilege as a hetero woman. she's not gay so she has no right to make homophobic remarks. It would be like a white kid adopted by a black family thinking they could use the N word.

Leslie hasn't made any transphobic or misogynistic remarks at all. if he was arguing with a man that was a slut like frenchie, he would use the same language, so it he's not misogynistic either.
I agree that Leslie is not Transphobic I would also give him the benefit of the doubt in how he justified his nomination of Kellie as being genuine. However he did make quite disgusting remarks about Frenchie's female genetalia which sounded quite women-hating to me, he referred to her being French in an insulting way and called her a "slut" Why should the words "stinking slut" be acceptable? It is women not men who have been labelled with such vile sexual words and oppressed historically, the fact that Gay men may tend towards using the word towards other (usually) Gay men is of no consequence, it is still misogynistic. He was of course right that she has wilfully prostituted her body,but he had no right to use the hate-filled language he did, he was not warned for his language and Kellie was, that is unfair and a typical case of BB regarding every other type of discrimination and oppression as being worse than the oldest and most extreme - that of men over women.
Nell_McCoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote