Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
There is not time, nor space here to write comprehensive essays, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. All bullies are cowards. Hitler may be the best example, when he took poison. Bullies I personally have witnessed, have all become cowards once stood up to and conquered. Are bomb-planting terrorists heroic?

James is a bully and a coward. He has irrefutably displayed that over the past weeks. There are many examples of how he has - unjustifiably - harassed and bullied Gary Busey (and to a lesser degree Audley) only to quickly capitulate once Gary has stood up to him.

I am not going into detail, because the tapes are there for all to watch, and any honest, impartial viewer, can see for themselves, but a notable example is when James - totally unjustifiably - subjected Gary to a tirade of abuse over a completely innocuous jokey comment about 'Butt-****ing". Gary endured it all then - being the bigger man - walked away. However, when James called Gary a 'Dick head' Gary hurried back to James who was sitting down and told him to "Get up" in a tone which showed Gary meant 'business'. James went white and said weakly; "Why?" Gary replied; "Because I asked you to". James, still clearly petrified, said; "I'm not going to argue with you" etc.

Just recently, when James was again showing what a macho man he is and accused Gary of something he had not said, Gary again stood up to him and told him he hadn't said that and that James was "lying". James, once again, meekly said; "Oh All right.".

James' attempts to bully Audley and his repeated aggressive displays towards him are done in the safe knowledge that nothing violent is going to occur as a result within the CBB house. Audley may not have reached his great potential as a boxer, but he would be far too much for James in any kind of fight. In addition, James knows that not only is Audley grounded and mature, he would also lose his boxing licence were he to rise to the bait and retaliate.

Now, add the fact that the evicted Lauren never shirked from having a word with Gary when she felt the need to - which wasn't very often - because she knew that Gary is a reasonable, gentle type of person, but yet she was so intimidated by bully James that she has waited until she is no longer in the same confined space as him to admit that James was the worst house-mate to live with etc.

Intimidating women, confronting and challenging a 70 years old disabled man, and an able-bodied man who can't and won't accept the challenges. Now that's bullying and cowardice in my book.

Finally, do you believe that James would have acted in the same manner to a still potentially volatile, unpredictable 48 years old spent force like Mike Tyson, no matter how annoying or rude or irritating he would be? No? Now that's bullying and cowardice in my book.

I don't even know where to begin. There are too many ridiculous statements and argumentative fallacies in your post.

Saying that all bullies are not cowards is not an opinion. It's a fact. I assumed that pointing out your blanket generalization would be enough for you to reconsider and see your mistake. Obviously, I was wrong.
colin72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote