View Single Post
Old 17-09-2014, 07:03 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Well, beating a child the way he did should end up with him serving time for assault in my opinion. And the contention that people should believe that naughty children should be killed because it says so in the Torah is just ridiculous. As ridiculous as saying you should be stoned to death for planting two different crops in one field, or wearing two different cloths, or cutting your hair, or being gay are all equally ridiculous. These are ancient texts from a time when pagans were making blood sacrifices on a regular basis. It also says in the Torah that I can keep a slave so long as he is not a Jew. It might have been acceptable 5000 years ago but it's not acceptable today. Society moves on and so does religion and the interpretation of texts.
i think i agree with you, but i'm not sure.

you are discrediting ideologies, but are you also discrediting those ideologies completely/ or are you justifying those ideologies by saying that we shouldn't take them seriously? i'm confused.

It's a dangerous game saying that hate groups(religions) can get away with it because most people don't take them seriously, but some people do take them seriously.

Last edited by lostalex; 17-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote