View Single Post
Old 13-10-2014, 05:37 AM #1642
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
More stunningly beautiful photos Ammi.

I too love the city at night. I love the silence. The necklaces of street lights and the headlights of occasional cars moving along the otherwise deserted early hour roads. I love the illuminated rooms chequer boarding the otherwise dark windows of the high rises.

I often wonder 'Rear Window' like, who the stay-up late occupants of those cars and flats are. What's their stories? More than anything though, there is always an inexplicable sense of loneliness, sadness which permeates City Scapes at night.

..yeah, I agree in general about cityscapes but also with pics, how they just capture one moment in time and how they set the imagination in a whole 'story' around that moment...much the same a painting, story, poem etc and how you yourself interpret these things and where they 'lead you'..I think all are quite similar in a way..?..and I think pics are art...

..I don't know if you know Edward Hopper, the artist..?...aesthetically, his paintings are not ones that I would personally choose to own but in terms of 'stories' and specifically stories of 'loneliness in a crowd/in cities' etc...they're extremely thought provoking...as there is often one isolated figure amidst a sea of busyness...I think that's sometimes how we all feel...I love Rear Window, btw...

Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote