View Single Post
Old 17-10-2014, 02:07 PM #16
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Once someone's served their time they should get on with their lives. It's not for you or me to decide what they should or shouldn't do, or that they should live in poverty or on benefits.

You have no idea how his victim feels, that's all supposition, and there's nothing to stop her getting on with her life and making a success of it.

You can either bang criminals up forever, or you make them serve their time and set them free in the hopes they will be rehabilitated. You can't make them continue to serve a sentence once they're out.
I have a hard time with the moto they've done their time they should get on with their lives because IMO sentences kind of suck in this country especially. 2-4 years (I think) for raping a 12 year old? I don't think that's long enough of a sentence. But it is what he got and fair enough he is out now so he should get on with things but not something to this scale.

And of course I don't know how the victim feels but it's normal to assume that how she feels will be like a lifetime sentence.