BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
This is now a glorified witch-hunt and is completely pathetic. I avoided these threads cause I wasn't really bothered too much with what was happening but it's just ridiculous now.

I get why people don't find his brand of humour funny and I certainly don't class myself as a fan, I liked his Vines but haven't much enjoyed any of his recent work including the TV show, but this talk of him being a misogynist is laughable. The man effectively plays a character of a 'lad' obsessed with women, he is no more sexist or misogynistic than Leigh Francis is. Having seen the show in question it does nothing but portray a perfectly recognisable concept that anyone who has ever visited a pub, bar or club is familiar with. I don't see men (or women for that matter) being called sexist for trying to 'pull' on a night out. This is something that has been happening for generations, and just because it appears on TV it's oh so awful? It's certainly not a good show by any means and he should have stuck to what he was good at - Vines - but misogynistic it is not, and this is coming from someone that considers themselves a feminist.

As for the 'rape' joke that was reported the other day, whilst admittedly near the knuckle, having read the comment in context I don't see the issue? He essentially said 'oh yeah she wants it' but used the word rape instead (I realise someone will jump on this saying 'yes the word rape!!!!' but it's effectively the same statement). If you pay for a ticket to go and see man whose humour revolves around sexual jokes about women, then you get what you pay for. It's no different to paying to see Frankie Boyle and then complaining when he tells you he could watch you being raped and not feel a flicker of emotion - which for the record he did actually tell one audience member on one of his DVD's. It is comedy, jokes, they aren't real statements. Frankie has been criticised for years but I don't see his tours being cancelled?

This witch-hunt is completely bizarre, he is only a man trying to make a living. People gave him the platform by sharing and liking his Vines in the first place and now presumably the same people have joined this campaign to see everything he's built up come crashing down with the help of the media. But then I guess that's showbiz for you.

The only good thing I have taken from this strange and irritating 180 he's experiencing is that at least people seem to care about the way we as a society treat women, even if directing this justifiable anger at a comedian, a character is totally misplaced.
It was the way he acted towards an innocent woman on Twitter that got people angry, not any of this stuff. He showed himself to be a tw@ and ordered his fans abuse a woman who said nor did anything offensive or out of order towards him.
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote