View Single Post
Old 19-11-2014, 11:10 PM #21

Jake Quickenden and Edwina Currie have joined the I’m A Celebrity 2014 line up and will enter the camp today.

For this year’s X Factor contestant Jake Quickenden, who was booted out of the ITV series only last month, going into the jungle is a dream come true.

Readily admitting he hasn’t stopped grinning since he was asked to go on I’m A Celebrity, the 26-year-old singer says he has to keep pinching himself that he is joining other celebrities around the campfire.

“Things like this don’t happen to me,” he says. “I am just a normal bloke.

“I said yes straight away. It is such an amazing show. I used to watch it with my older brother and we both said we’d love to do it one day. It’s a real adventure and it is going to be so much fun.

“I am going to take this opportunity with both hands. I want to relish everything that is thrown at me. I actually haven’t stopped grinning since I got offered this.”

He bursts out laughing before adding: “And I will look forward to getting my teeth into everything – but who knows what I am getting my teeth into?!”

Leaving the luxuries of the X Factor house behind to live simply in the jungle with nothing but a hammock as a bed will not be too problematic for Jake.

Says the singer: “The difference between the X Factor house and the jungle is really extreme but I love chatting to people and listening to people.

“It is such a shock when you leave the X Factor house and so it will be nice to be around people again. I can’t wait!”

Jake will be joined in the camp by former MP Edwina Currie.

Famous for her sharp tongue and as former Conservative, Edwina has promised to pull no punches with her fellow celebrities.

Pledging to stir up mischief if she sees fit, the tough talking ex-Junior Health Minister admits she will also have no qualms giving her fellow campers a telling off if they are being very annoying.

And asked if she saw her role in the camp as a motherly figure, the 68-year-old, who has two daughters, smiles as she declares: “That’s not my national reputation!

“If I hear someone talking complete bo**ocks, then I will probably say so. I am a Scouser and there is no such thing as a meek Scouser.

“I will quite possibly tell them if they are annoying me too. Or you can pull a face or a gesture. It really does depend what they are doing. I will only get cross with those who don’t try. If you sign up to do something like this show, then you have to do your best. If anyone is pulling a fast one or letting the side down, then they might get a tongue-lashing. On the other hand, if they are really upset, I hope I am sympathetic.”

I’m A Celebrity 2014 continues tonight on ITV.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/im-...#ixzz3JYxJTH00
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote