Thread: im shocked !!
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2014, 07:20 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
how the hell was Andrea in the bottom 2 !!!
he's the best singer there! its the stupid double elimination that almost ruined things for him i hope this is the last double elimination now we've had too many !! and OTY got the lowest vote...

... and retarded blazing squad wannabe's Stereopricks got lucky but i was hoping it was between stevi & stereopricks in the bottom 2 !! kids must be voting hard for those 8 dummies!!!
I totally agree with your sentiments, but I do not always believe the 'results' of any 'public vote' as given on these 'reality shows'.

Why?

The reason is simple - there is no drama in mundaness, no drama in predictability, and all TV shows thrive on drama. How utterly boring would horse racing be if the results were always as predicted by the 'form' of the horses participating and the 'favourite' always finished first, and the 'second favourite' always finished second etc. etc? ? TV Racing would soon lose its audience and the bookies would be out of a business.

Similarly, how tedious would these reality shows be, if week in, week out, the public voting results were always the same as those predicted according to singing ability?

Stevi's tenacity in remaining whilst better singers were voted out was just the controversial 'drama' this shows producers desired. However, in the early stages of the contest, this may have genuinely been attributable to the British public's love of 'underdogs', but this 'underdog' factor only has bearing if in tandem with the British public's willingness to 'sacrifice' acts they do not care about in order to 'save' their underdog.

In the later stages - when the acts deemed 'sacrificial' have all gone, the British public have usually a great propensity for fairness, and the 'underdog' itself will in turn be sacrificed in order to save the acts with 'real' talent by comparison.

This is when the 'predictability' factor enters calculations. A factor which - if 'fairness' is the criterion - decrees that the remaining acts are classified in order of talent.

So yes - the bottom two should have been Stevi and Stereokicks, but that predictability is mundane -- hardly likely to satisfy the 'drama' element which creates controversy and is guaranteed to keep 'bums on seats'.

This is why I suspect a bit of doctoring with the results.

However, these producers are not idiots. For such a ploy to work, the genuinely talented 'substituted' act must be so strong, have such a fan base, that when pitched against a genuine bottom two act, the result is inevitable.

I believe that Andrea's talent, his fan base - and the votes he receives - are enough to guarantee him a place in the final two, and I do not believe for one moment that he was genuinely in the bottom two this week because of any shortage of votes, but merely as a bit of 'gerrymandering' by the producers for the reasons outlined above.

StereoKicks are the real act who should have been in the bottom two this week, and whilst they have admittedly improved over the past weeks, when weighed against the other remaining acts, I'm afraid the 'Exit' door beckons.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 24-11-2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Format error
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote