View Single Post
Old 20-12-2014, 09:12 AM #11
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Oh what a storm in a tea cup.

"I was fecking starving last night lads. I was like one of them tanks in Tiananmen Square - I could have murdered a fecking chinky"

Roy 'Chubby' Brown' to a packed audience - all who collapsed in fits of laughter.

Was this an audience of 3,000 racists? Was it feck. It was a broad cross section of British society - including a few Chinese who also creased up.

'Poofter' - Not since the grand old days of 'Are You Being Served' with its OTT mincing of John Inman have terms like '****' and 'Poofter' been used in any kind of connotation with male 'Gay' people, so what decade is this UKIP cream bun living in?

None of my 'Gay' friends would be upset by being called a 'poofter' - even directly. The truth is, they'd probably laugh in disbelief, then 'round' on the user of such a word and overwhelm him him with the wittiest, caustic and most withering of retorts which would leave him humiliated, speechless, and looking very much like the idiot ignoramus he is.

Yes - this chump is not the caliber of person we want in politics, or the police, or any other 'official' position, but let's not all rush to the typewriter to dash off 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' type letters of protest to the 'Times', because it's all a 'storm in a teacup' and it does appear that - typically - his remarks have been selectively taken out of context, and is being blown up out of all proportion by people of other political persuasions.

People of all political persuasions, all colours, creeds and 'class' do use such words in everyday conversation.

It's not necessarily 'racist' or 'homophobic' - in fact, it's more likely not to be - and Farage is correct when he intimates that most of us say; 'Do you fancy a Chinky?' when referring to a Chinese take-away.

Personally, with all the serious mind-numbing murders, bombings, be-headings and other crap going off in the world, I'm sick of trivial B.S. being blown up out of all proportion by P.C. twats.
He actually isn't, and the 'Chubby Brown' brand of humour is dying out.... not a moment too soon.