View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:38 PM #57
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
What do we determine a troll? I always thought that this was someone who follows one or a few people about. Debate is a different matter, if one is asked a question and that person answers it truthfully without patronising then that surely is a debate. I have only read one of KHs columns but intend to read more, in it she was having a laugh at herself, she also commented on the difference between the Brits and Americans saying that the Brits werent so sure of winning. There was a lovely photograph of Michelle in there.

As she is employed by the newspaper she has to deliver to earn her fee, all things are answerable thus bringing in more revenue for the paper.

Now as I have said, after watching those videos of Perez he "trolls" in a different way, he goes after one person at a time. He makes their life a misery and then they have to stand up for themselves. His is singular for his own benefit, Katie's is enmasse with the right to reply, in a newspaper for all to see. Her theory that she is not out to make friends stands well for her career, on the other hand I am willing to bet that she has some loyal and loving friends who adore her.

It will be interesting to see if Perez stalks any of them from the house, what will his pages be like. What wil Katies future pages be like? More revenue for the paper if one wants to know. More revenue for Perez if we are interested.
I don't go with the new definition where people say "troll" but in fact mean "malicious bully". For me, a troll is someone who likes to wind people up for fun / for laughs but with no real malicious intent. Hurting feelings / causing offense is an "unfortunate byproduct" of trolling, rather than being the purpose.

By this definition, Katie H is definitely a troll. As is Perez, mostly.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote