View Single Post
Old 14-02-2015, 10:04 AM #6
Z

Z

To be honest, I think they're onto something. I'm not sure it's the right approach, but obesity is a physical manifestation of our lazy lifestyles. Weight loss is as much a mental battle as it is a physical battle; you have to put the work in to lose the pounds but you also have to teach yourself what's good to eat, what's bad to eat, how to avoid binging on terrible food, knowing how to treat yourself and not gorge yourself... I say this as someone who's had struggles with his weight in the past; I'm currently at a really healthy weight and it's because I recognised what was poor in my diet (lots of bread and dairy produce), cut them down drastically and started walking everywhere instead of getting buses, taxis, trains... people moan that it's impossible, and perhaps it is extremely difficult for many people, but it is not impossible. It takes time, patience and commitment. People expect instant results because that's what we've become accustomed to - ready meals, fast food, everything instant and readily available. Losing weight is a process, not an event. I was appalled to read that 25% of adults in the UK are obese. A quarter. That's disgusting. It's an epidemic. We all need better food education, the younger we start teaching kids how to eat right, the better.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote