BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel. View Post
Being solely attracted to children makes someone a monster? Absolutely not.

Acting upon those attractions is the vital difference and the two shouldn't be lumped together in any circumstance.

The attitude people have towards paedophiles is frightening, emotive and in a lot of cases harmful. If someone has paedophilic thoughts, why on earth would they reach out for help. It'd result in being shamed, villified and their life potentially ruined because of the completely unhelpful attitude of mob-like anger this country shows at every opportunity.

I really hope ten, twenty years down the line we can start approaching the topic sensibly without throwing around the word "monster".
I know some will call you an looney left for this post, or they'll think it at least, but I agree with you.

Not everybody with paedophile thoughts actually acts out on it, but how can they get help when everybody looks down on them all as the same? Imo there should be clinics available to the ones that haven't acted on it and they get all the help that they can get.

The ones that have acted on it should be either killed, or throw away the key as they're never gonna stop re-offending.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 28-03-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote