BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Hmm, well he wasn't directly responsible for the previous labour governments, so its pretty easy to say they were wrong. It would be a different story entirely if we were reviewing his term in office.

I'm not a fan of any of the leaders of the parties at the moment, and they are all very mediocre in the general scheme of things. They don't have any fresh ideas, in fact, they really don't seem to have any ideas. Both the major parties are predicting that he deficit will be gone during the lifetime of the next government. They haven't a chance in hell of achieving that, so its impossible to take anything else they spout seriously
I couldn't agree more as to the leaders of the parties being poor,particularly the main 3.
As to the deficit, this present govt; said it would be a disaster if it was not totally cleared by 2014/5 and that it would be under their policies.
Well it isn't,it is at best half gone, thanks to them manipualting how it is now measured as opposed to how the deficit was measured in 2010.

There is no disaster because it isn't either.

I see no need to rush to do so,it could have been chipped way at for 15 to 20 years if necessary,then sparing some of the severe cuts that were brought in by this govt;

The thing is however, the one fact is that one of the 2 leaders, Cameron or Miliband have to be PM after may 7th.
Of the choice I know who I would now prefer by miles too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote