View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 12:37 AM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel. View Post
Being solely attracted to children makes someone a monster? Absolutely not.

Acting upon those attractions is the vital difference and the two shouldn't be lumped together in any circumstance.

The attitude people have towards paedophiles is frightening, emotive and in a lot of cases harmful. If someone has paedophilic thoughts, why on earth would they reach out for help. It'd result in being shamed, villified and their life potentially ruined because of the completely unhelpful attitude of mob-like anger this country shows at every opportunity.

I really hope ten, twenty years down the line we can start approaching the topic sensibly without throwing around the word "monster".

i think peoples attitudes are so strong because we all know how strong and overwhelming sexual urges are for all healthy people. sexuality is a corner stone of every human beings life.

imagine telling a man he can't have sex with a woman (or a man if he's gay) how long can he actually resist before he acts on those impulses? it's like conservatives that advocate for abstinance only sex education. the fact is, men and women always end up succumbing to their sexual desires, no matter how religious they are.

so if a pedophile feels that way towards children, how long can we really expect him to deny his sexuality? I personally don't believe you can change someone's sexuality. no matter how much therapy or medication you give them.

That is why everyone is so worried about pedophiles. all the studies have shown that almost ALL pedophiles are repeat offenders. So i don't think the public is overreacting at all. they really are an extreme danger to children.

Last edited by lostalex; 01-04-2015 at 12:39 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote