View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 01:24 AM #3
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I had it for a bit, I went 3 times and then they said I was cured and didn't need to go again... So, that was nice.
Really I was just told that I was not 'at risk' of a relapse and given details of a group session that I never went to.
Talking helps if you have a good therapist who listens and allows you to offload and suggests positive ways to reassess your mindset then it's worth it, if it's just a scam artist then you could I suppose be fleeced for lots without ever feeling any benefit.
Surely when you aren't moving forward you would begin to question the validity of the therapist?
I had already had 1000 conversations in my head about the pros and cons and possible outcomes in differing scenarios so he didn't say anything to me that I hadn't already heard, that said if I hadn't already turned the corner then I wouldn't have entertained him at all.
Knowing the therapist had direct experience of an addiction helped as they were able to draw on their own experience and it didn't feel like you were the first to ever have an issue, it removed some of the stigma for me.
There are always going to be good and bad Councillors though, there are good and bad in all professions.