BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
In the past I would have completely agreed with you, but when its more than a 50/50 chance of parties working together after the election, I think its important to see who could form alliances as it could affect voting.

If Clegg had been quizzed more before the last election, it may have been obvious that he would sell his granny for a seat at the table, and the lib dems may not have received the seats to allow a coalition
I can agree with that,however we are not being told the detail of their policies anyway so that is another issue.

I am pretty clear already that the Conservatives will do a deal with UKIP and/or the Lib Dems.
The Lib Dems say they won't have any workign arrangement with UKIP however I think if it got them into sahred govt' again for 5 years they would.

It is pretty clear, the SNP, Plaid Cymru and the Greens would not supprt a Conservative govt; in any form whatsoever and in the SNP's case, they would only support a Labour led min gov't or a possible Labour/Lib Dem coalition.

That is all we need to know,in my view and I have learned all that in the last 2 weeks.
No one is saying what are the red lines that would stop them supporting a party in govt; anyway, all they are saying, as with the SNP on trident, the Greens on austerity and UKIP as to an EUY referendum, that they are things they would either support or not support but wouldn't close the door on other means of supporting whatever main party could form a govt:

The interviewers, presenters and programme makers still go on and on and get no answers,in my view they will never get real answers to that questioning,so ask questions of greater detail as to policy.
Such as exactly where will the 12 billion of cuts to welfare be made from the Conservatives.
Also when,will it likely be in 3 to 5 years that Labour plans to clear the deficit or will it be over a longer period.
We all possibly already know from 2010, that likely all Lib Dem policies could be thrown out again in coalitions deals.

The parties are being let off the hook as to policy at present and I really hope tonights opposition debate programme isn't taken up again by who will do a deal with who, rather than policy matters in greater detail.

Canvassing in the streets and on the doorstep, I am finding voters just more and more confused with the 'who will do a deal with who' scenario's.
Sadly for politics, more and more of the voters and likely voters, just being even more turned off by it all too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote