View Single Post
Old 29-04-2015, 08:20 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Was your point that business owners should have the right to refuse service to anyone? Cos I'd agree to that to a certain extent but not to the extent where you can discriminate against a person openly because of who they are.. I'm more on a 'not selling a drunk person more beer' level.
Yes - What I'm saying Withano, is that this is blowing something up out of all proportion. If a Gay guy or woman tries to order something from a supplier which is against the supplier's principles or faith, then as wrong as that may be to us, feck them - there are plenty of other suppliers eager for business, and to legislate against this crap with all the troubles in the world and the UK already in the grip of a 'Nanny State' thanks to Blair, is ridiculous in my opinion.

Maybe there wouldn't have been a problem with the Irish example of the cake had it not been for the 'Support Gay" message and same sex images.

I believe that a person has a right to be Gay and to marry same sex partners, but I also believe that in a Democracy a person of devout faith has the right to refuse such business if it genuinely compromises his beliefs.

I'm a Christian but not a Church goer and I regard Christian Extremists as OTT to be honest, but I would never advocate forcing any law on a person which makes him go against his beliefs.

There are so many alternatives now freely available to Gay people that I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about - just take your business elsewhere.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote