CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakman440 View Post
The thing with BB15 for me was that it felt too manufactured. For example, Ashleigh and the Power Alliance was promised immunity in the Power Alliance week yet she had it taken away from her in the hope that it would cause some drama. The producers started to drip feed the housemates clips from their diary room sessions in the hope that it would cause some drama. Big Brother showed the housemates viewer's tweets in the hope that it would cause some drama. The producers fake evicted Helen and Chris after the prize money twist in the hope that it would cause, you guessed it - drama. They focused too much on the dramatic element, which made it drag imo. For me, towards the end of the series every episode just felt like an over-dramatic soap opera. If they'd have balanced it out more with some more fun moments and some more fun tasks then it would have made for much better viewing, but by the end the show just felt like it had the life sucked out of it.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I feel that some twists can work if it isn't one twist every week. For example, if they lay off the face to face noms this series and only have a few nominations twists within the series then it can work well. It's only when there's a nominations twist every week that it starts to feel repetitive.

In the same vein though:

They put two housemates in the bedsit because they wanted drama.
They made them nominate which housemate wouldn't relieve their suitcase for their entire stay in the house because they wanted drama.
They made the newbie kiss someone they wanted to put straight up for eviction because they wanted drama.

It's hardly anything new. The issue I have with it is that the producers pick who to give those sort of tasks to now instead of letting anybody do it.
Rob! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote