Old 23-05-2015, 05:45 PM #177

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

I almost agree entirely with Toy Soldier

However I think even beyond it being a dog, whether a human being or whatever life is taken, the general attitude we have to instinctively call someone a monster, or call for his life to be taken in response, is incredibly unconstructive and ignorant. We have to focus on what went wrong mentally with the individual to go to such lengths, which nobody in this thread knows. Right and wrong are contructions that forever have been told and built in to us for the benefit of society, and when there is a lapse the reaction is nearly always emotive and hateful with the offender instantly "othered".

It's not being an apoligist, or a sympathiser, words that really mean nothing other than used to disregard an opposing opinion. It's about taking away the instinctive emotions we have for anger and resentment, and objectively approaching situations, like this, with the goal of learning and mending rather than destroying and punishing.

I don't know if I'm being at all clear. I just don't think the way people approach stories like this is helpful to anyone.

Last edited by Samuel.; 23-05-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Samuel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote