Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I just cannot see any purpose for UKIP once this referendum is done, fine as a continuing EU party being elected to the European parliament,even then however, the sting of them demanding the UK leave the EU will be gone.

If the UK disastrously votes to leave the EU, then UKIP are one of the last ones needed then too to do anything to deal with the chaos that would leave for the UK.
I really do believe too,that immigration will not be the issue it was at this election by 2020.
I do think the main parties will both have more sound policies as to that and also as much that can be done, will have been done by this govt. in power now

As to all other social policies and the NHS and Education,both main parties will have policies as to those which will either in part have some UKIP ideas or be totally opposed to UKIP ideas.
UKIP could not get their message across this election passed,I can't see in that scenario how they would ever get it across in 2020.

Their candidates, near all, fell way short of taking any seat.
Even Douglas Carswell's majority was well cut in his too, despite his massive personal vote there.

I could never see myself voting for UKIP, there are those who were possibly Labour voters,who already regret voting UKIP now.
The Conservative party will have this referendum issue settled once and for all and for a long time into the future too.
Former Conservative voters then who went to UKIP are likely to return to the Conservatives in 2020.

I actually could believe that in 2020,we may be back to a stronger 2 party situation between the Conservatives and Labour again.
People have tried in big numbers, (3,800,000 for UKIP and over 1,000,000 for the Greens), voting for the smaller parties this time and ended up with a Conservative majority govt.

I just cannot see what UKIPs message can be,that will have any real significance, once the referendum is done.
Also if the UK votes to stay in and little has changed as to immigration from the EU except for claiming benefits, then even in that scenario, UKIP cannot claim to be able to do any more as to that either.
What can they possibly stand for, that the other main 2 parties won't be standing for.

With getting around 13% of the votes in this election,which is well down on what they achieve in European elections,with the moves back to the main 2 parties too,I doubt UKIP may reach double figures as to votes in 2020.
After immigration policy is settled and the EU membership issue well settled too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 29-05-2015 at 10:45 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote