BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorkimaru View Post
You're definitely right that that's how it got into general use but I think semantic change has moved it beyond that for a lot of people. I can still see how members of the traveling community would find it horrendously insulting though, regardless of content so I'm a firm believer that it shouldn't be used. I was more so trying to show what he meant rather than excuse his language. Like even reading your examples in my head I see a different group of people when you say that word because they've been essentially disassociated for me. However given how it came into language it does have a bad history. I mean I've met travellers and worked with some and they were nice to me. I understand other people have different experiences but we can't call them all good or all bad, they're people.

I honestly don't believe Mark was referencing the traveling community but it is still filthy language to use and I don't support it.
That's fair enough

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote