View Single Post
Old 30-06-2015, 11:59 AM #13
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbrick1999 View Post
Well Ex On The Beach launches on the 11 August, so maybe Monday 10th? Last years Summer CBB launched on a Monday I think.

It would give us nearly a 4 week break.

Or maybe Friday 8th? Anything else is to early, looked what happened with BB ratings when they launched a couple of weeks earlier.

Or maybe the really want a long break to help improve Summers CBB reputation, I mean it could potentially launch on Friday 15th, considering last couple have launched 18-19th

So could even be Monday 18th or Tuesday 19th.

It all depends on what the producers want, personally the longer the break the better.
BIB - It's only like 3 days earlier. That's completely different to a couple of weeks earlier. Plus previous summer CBB's have launched from 15th-22nd August, so a week isn't much of a difference. Whereas, BB16 launched on 12th May, compared to the 5th-15th June launches we've usually gotten in previous years. That's almost a month earlier, not to mention the first May launch in almost ten years. Also the BB16 promo was naff, which is why most never knew about BB16 starting. I highly doubt it will make a difference in ratings. Plus, summer CBB will always rate higher, regardless which day of the month it will start. That's a fact.

I don't see how a longer break would help summer CBB's reputation. As far as I'm aware Summer CBB doesn't have a reputation, it's just something to watch in the late Summer and something to boots Channel 5's ratings.
It's January CBB that has a reputation.

Also you say the longer the break the better. Well, TBH anything longer than 48 hours after the winner of BB is crowned (CBB10, 12, 14) is better. Whether it's 5 days, a week, or even two.
I think 3 weeks is enough. 4 weeks and people will just get sick of waiting.

Plus, knowing Channel 5's promotion for summer CBB (and BB in general), it's only going to be an eye flash with Marcus screaming in the background. So watching these flashes for 4 weeks is going to be a drag.

Last edited by Jason.; 30-06-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote