BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
how on earth can you vote for a man who voted to invade Iraq and spent a few years ruining the nhs and was there when the mass of abuses in umpteen hospitals was happening under his stewardship?
Hmm, I feared answering you would lead to a hysterical and unreasoned outburst but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to anyway.
Firstly, if not voting for MPs who supported Iraq's invasion was the norm, few MPs would get votes at all, even now.

Parliament was given the wrong information by the then Prime Minister,they acted and voted for or against on the contents of all the information put before them.
The thing opposite as to you and I is, that I don't hold what others do 'once', that I disagree with, against them and certainly not to ever think they cannot be trusted again.
The MPs who vote yes to Iraq, believed strongly that what they had been presented with was the whole truth,which it was later proved to not be so.

As to the NHS, Andy was only Health Secretary a short time in reality and the abuses had gone on both under his time and way back into previous govts times too.
For instance are also the Conservative health secretaries to be always held responsible for the abuses made across the NHS by Jimmy Saville.
No of course they are not,that is ridiculous.

There are abuses going on now, and they are not the responsibility alone of Jeremy Hunt the present Health Secretary either.

So I can easily vote for Andy Burnham if that is what I so wish to do, he had excellent ideas as to mental health care and also social care too,his plans for the NHS would have helped in my view enormously and he was in consultations too with the Lib Dems before the 2010 election as to them too.

Furthermore,after a rocky beginning, I also massively admire Andy Burnham for his tireless efforts as to getting the right thing done and the real truth made known as to the Hillsborough tragedy.
We need more politicians like that who will fight for justice and give their all to help bring it about too.

I am not going to re-live Iraq over and over,I would have never supported Iraqs invasion myself.
the NHS, is a massive organisation, wherein there will always be tragedies and abuses,sadly that is the case, it should not happen but it does.
The people to blame for that are those who are there in the NHS day after day, week after week, year after year. they are the ones responsible for what takes place and once it is known and proved, then Govt should take action.

So they are my reasons for probably voting for Andy,if we held every thing any MP voted wrongly on or what we didn't agree with them on, then there would be likely no MPs left at all to vote for.

I am probably wasting my breath here and you may come back with another rant.
I chose to answer the question you asked me originally with a reasoned and detailed reply.
It seems despite giving you the benefit of the doubt again, I was also misguided in doing so again.
I am not however going down the road of your personal prejudiced line against the Labour party or the NHS.
I answered your question and will not be doing so again.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-07-2015 at 08:48 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote