Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Daley

Let me be clear before the whole Daley and Hazel incident in the safe house Daley was my least favourite contestant in BB14 for the plain fact that he was boring as hell arguably more so than eventually winner Sam.

However the thing that irated me the most was that he engaged into an intense mutual (but not physical) showmace with Hazel despite having a long term girlfriend who clearly was in love with him as the excruciating BOTS appearance showed. Despite all of this, and probably because he wasn't a big character compared to the juggernaut of a housemate that was Hazel O'Sullivan, he was never truly rapped for his cheating ways and it was Hazel that was slaughtered by the press and viewers alike. In fact Dexter and Gina told and warned Daley about the way he was perceived but he carried on with his 'showmance' with Hazel.

The thought that he would swim to the final (he received 0 nominations at the time of his elimination) and perhaps win because of his boring nature was painful to me as a viewer at the time. So perhaps his ejection was a blessing in disguise.

I believe Daley's persona in the house was false and he was not the nice guy that was perceived for the majority of the series. This was shown by the infamous actions that led to the first ejection of Channel 5. The last impression of Daley that will stay with the viewer's mind is the image of a timid Hazel in the Diary Room saying how scared she was of Daley but then having to say that she didn't think Daley stepped over the line because of how scared she was of him. Even then when Big Brother relayed this back to Daley he still had no remorse and was visibly angry at Hazel for 'deceiving' him and thus he carried on slating Hazel in the press calling her a witch etc etc.

Another silver lining that came from Daley's ejection was that Hazel was liked more by the public and led her to be saved over Callum several weeks after.

Save - Cameron I guess

Last edited by Pete.; 21-07-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Pete. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote