As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

cut Aaron save JASON

--

#. Aaron Allard-Morgan (BB12)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! /// ALEX! ALEX! ALEX

so yeah, this is PERFECT timing because I'm about to close out my BB12 rewatch and boy is Aaron horrible. Come along for the ride because I have A LOT TO SAY.

People laud Aaron as ~bloody brilliant~ and someone who ~revolutionized the game~ and praise him for being so *complex* and *interesting* but he really wasn't? His storyline consisted of the following,

-emotionally abusing his supposed love Faye until SHE gets guilty and comes crawling back and then swooping in with "I love yous" ("I know I made out with Maisy, but it was *supposed* to be you" ; "how DARE you burp near me, speaking ban!" ; "if you do not freeze out Louise you are terrible and two-faced!" ; etc.)

-pretending to be an out of touch grandfather who doesn't understand these youngings and can't relate to them even though he was born in 19****ing80 (he went on and on about how he has nothing to say to these people and he has nothing in common with them and he cannot bare it, even though he wanted Alex to win more than anyone and made out with a 20 y/o party girl and was "in love" with a 22 y/o wrestler ; he pretended to not know what N-Dubz was ; etc.)

-constructing a narrative where he was the good guy and the Wolfpack were evil, and he waging battle against them by throwing shopping tasks and sabotaging the shopping budget even though that affected people like Alex and Tom who were nominally his friends just because he's that much of a selfish prick ("I know we have to make all these toys, but I am *CONVINCED* that we are supposed to fail this task to pass" ; "Anton is trying to rescue Faye from the task room? We *MUST* stage a group quit muahaha that'll show him" ; it's also worth mentioning that Aaron was totally fine with Harry ordering cereal and bananas and food coloring but then he was SO OFFENDED that people had a food fight with the cereal even though he and his alliance effectively created a situation where food was seen as expendable)

-whining about every single party for dumbass reasons and making it all about himself ("but I don't WANT Indian food!!!" ; "but I don't WANT R&B music!!!" ; "Jay and Louise, how DARE you buy Alex and Tom a present without my consent even though I knew that's what you were doing and I had previously told you to do whatever you wanted!!!")

-being the most ****ing moralizing person ever and being completely in the wrong about it ("EVERYONE IS PLAYING A GAME EXCEPT FOR ME" even though I admitted to playing a game in the first ****ing week ; "Jay and Louise HOW DARE YOU go against our plan to not buy Alex and Tom a gift and try to make me look bad (even though I did the exact ****ing thing last week when I nominated you Louise)" ; etc.)

If you couldn't tell, I could wax poetic for ages. Ultimately, it seems like people praise Aaron for two contradictory views of his character. He's somehow simultaneously ~raw n real and vulnerable~ and *the greatest gameplayer ever* but I don't think he's either of those. Like, I don't think trying to sabotage a shopping task and then sabotaging the shopping budget falls into either of those categories That only tells me that Aaron is ridiculously petty and attention-seeking, and I don't think either of those character traits make someone raw n real or an amazing gameplayer.

Am I allowed to talk about Aaron's fanbase in this write up? I'll try to keep it clean before I get banned but OH MY GOD awful awful awful. Between people at DigitalSpy paraphrasing Churchill speeches as pro-Aaron propaganda, idiots at Sucks who were watching BBUK for the first time but acted like they knew all and thought Aaron was the best EVER literally only because he got the most camera time, and the people here who were fully convinced that the show was rigged against Aaron and would whine about how biased BOTS is even though nobody even complained about Aaron on BOTS until Halloween noms, the fall of 2011 was seriously an awful time to be an internet forum poster. All the Aaron fans tried to paint this picture that Aaron was going to be robbed of the win so they HAD to change it and vote for him because it'd be such a shock, even though Aaron was the top vote getter in Weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7 and is effectively the most predictable winner ever. Talk about whiny martyrdom.

(Also, let it be known that Aaron only won because of cheapened FB voting and the fact that nobody watches this ****ing show anymore!)

So yeah, tl;dr Aaron is just a douche in the same vein as Ziggy, Darnell, Siavash, and John James, but while those four were either A) satisfyingly taken out by VTE, B) wore out their welcome because the show lasted for 90 something days, or C) people actually used to watch this show and used to vote, Aaron won because cheap FB votes meant that you only had to be popular with freaks on the internet who had multiple FB accounts.

I'm saving Jason (BB5) because he has a nice butt.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 21-07-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote