View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 09:59 AM #14
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Your jibes at my education and intelligence genuinely make me laugh.
I'm sure they're transcendent or something. I was only worried because you read - even quoted - one phrase ("most people") and misinterpreted it as another ("everyone"). However, given your supreme intellect and the wealth of letters both before and after your name, I can only assume that you were being disingenuous rather than simply stupid.

Quote:
Calling something by a name does not equate to anthropomorphisation. My car had a name. Do I think I saw any human qualities in it? No I did not. Mountains have names. Lakes have names. Oceans have names. Countries have names...
They do indeed. None of them are "Cecil" or anything approaching Cecil. Cecil. Cecil, the Lion. Errhhhhhh.

Quote:
There aren't that many animals in the world that kill for fun with no intention of eating their prey and by far the sickest of them all is the human race.
There are plenty of animals that do actually, though it could be argued that they do so instinctually as a form of practice. Then again, along the same lines you could argue that humans are instinctually driven to do the same, as we are after all omnivorous animals when you strip it right back.

I'm not going to disagree that humans can be the most capable of cruelty and depravity of any animal. Like I also said, "it depends on the human", there are plenty of human lives I'd gladly see traded for poor noble Cecil's. Serial killers, Child abusers, Iain Duncan Smith, etc... However, there is absolutely no evidence at all that this unfortunate, faceless, NAMELESS immigrant at Calais was any of those things, or anything more than a desperate person hopelessly seeking a better life. So yeah. It's worse than a lion.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 29-07-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote