As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

save Luke S cut Dexter

--

#. Dexter Koh (BB14)

THOUGHT YOU'D MAKE THE TOP 100 BUT NO.

Like many other people I've eliminated so far, there's this misconception that Dexter was epic and he was a big character and this and that but I don't really believe it! What were Dexter's big moments? What made him such A Good Housemate? What did he actually do with his absurd amount of screen time? I've been asking these questions for two years now and they're still unanswered so the answer to all of them is NOTHING.

Dexter's just yet another audience-manipulating monster like Aaron, John James, Siavash, Darnell, and Ziggy, except he was really bad at it? He wasn't ~eez fit innit~ enough for the audience to forgive every single awful thing he did, none of the other HMs really played into his shtick by giving him sympathy, he was powerless when it came to nominations, his attempts at a showmance failed when Charlie Travers completely denounced him in her eviction interview (<33333), etc. Since Dexter really wasn't effective at all in what he tried to be, it made me like him more than his ancestors I listed above, but that's really not much of an accomplishment at all. He didn't really give us any moments that deviated from his ridiculously one-dimensional gameplan, and I've written plenty of thesis statements about how I feel about playing the HMs vs. playing the public so it shouldn't be a surprise that I was NOT a fan of **** like "...I surely love you Charlie Travers :suave:" and the ****ing ugly crying and OTT "I just cannot believe that the public saved me for the Nth time even though I'm the most conscious of the public and have the most insight as to how people on this godforsaken show vote" nuh uh sis.

I don't even feel like getting into Dexter's time in the house because lbr a lot of it was forgettable white noise but I will say that Callum getting evicted over him REALLY sits wrong with me and I was *NOT* into his annoying prize fund **** when the nominees had to pick out amounts of money in the room or whatever. Like, "I studied every option on there" vs. "oops I didn't realize that there was a £96,000 option" and "I was banking on someone taking £1 and being more selfless than me" vs. *being the second to last person to go and leaving the £1 on the board* like what. And then that ****ing love triangle that shouldn't have existed since Charlie openly rejected all of her suitors how on earth was this a plot point for literal weeks.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Dexter ruined BBUK? Like, say what you want about what people's motives used to be on this show but after BB14 there was a huge paradigm shift from "let's put people in a house and watch things organically happen" to "let's openly manipulate the process to reward the people Playing The Game (which is really just code for Wind Up Merchants, which is really just code for unmitigated assholes!) and make things more cutthroat and unenjoyable for everyone involved" and I place a lot of the blame on Dexter! Like, his bull**** contrived persona single-handedly responsible for the abomination known as BBUK15: Power Trip and the casting of said series and we're still feeling the effects of it all since BBUK16: Timebomb just ended and it was even worse. I don't know, I've gone on a few too many rants about how I've lost a lot of faith in this show and how I'm questioning my relationship with it since my morals clearly do not match up with the show's morals anymore, and when I analyze everything further it all comes back to Dexter's manipulated and contrived "personality" or "story arc" or whatever you want to call it.

As a concluding note, I'll make the controversial statement that I'm much happier with a Sam win than a Dexter win! Say what you want about Sam, but his worst crime is only being boring and at the end of the day he's still real and his win is just a typical win you'd expect from C4. On the other hand, I actually would've been offended if the public rewarded Dexter with a win and validated his remarkably poor self-constructed story arc, especially when the true best option for unconventional winner was shafted in third place.

I'm saving Luke Scrase because he is the true underrated gem of BB13 (I wish I could save like half of Daniel's nominees though)

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 07-08-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote