BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

#99 - Sophie Reade (BB10)

Let me get in the mood.

I have finally axed my nemesis. Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this, etc. So yes this is a long time overdue for me and I appreciate that everyone sort-of tolerated her at least and liked her a lot at most but first let me gloat at:

a) Kate has beat ha
b) Nadia has beat ha
c) even Luke A has beat ha

A whole bunch of other winners too (although I think aside from those we've just got Dowling and Rachel left) so she doesn't even make the top five. Marvellous. Because why should she? She latched onto one of the series' more contemptible and vacuous males (and there were a lot of them) in Kris, essentially served herself on a plate to the bore, and became a bore by association. BB10 was a disaster from start to finish and very little, I concede, was to do with Sophie - but hell I'd have taken a David win over her.

Part of me thinks that in the crazy little year of 2009 the GBP just thought "you know those types of contestant we usually hate on? The pretty blonde BB contestants, anyone foreign in I'm a Celebrity... Get me Out of Here, Breakfast show presenters on Strictly, women involved in sex scandals in CBB? Let's just give them all the win. Don't worry, we'll still let a bland closet case win the X Factor. We can't go too crazy." None of that year made sense to me. It was fittingly also my worst year in my personal life and I attribute very little of that to Sophie Reade too, just so we're clear.

BB10 and BB16 have some very clear parallels for me: a sort-of-diverse (for C5) cast with a lot of potential being pushed into all sorts of ridiculous contrived drama, with people the housemates knew from the outside being thrown in, a whole bunch of ex-housemates making unwanted cameos, and once most of the douchebags finally dissolved, and the all-male finalists offered about as much variety as ITV2, the nice-enough underdog girl won. I just don't remember anything all that "underdog" about Sophie? Like at least Chloe had the good grace to threaten to punch Marc over his "you are pregnant and have STIs you slut" "banter" and make a fool of Jack/Joel for their "LOL A PIZZA, WHO CARES IT'S JUST MONEY" bollocks, and was made to feel like crap on a routine basis. Sophie if anything was the at the heart of BB10's most mind-numbingly dull alliance and never came under attack or had to stand up against anyone (save for some irrelevant stuff about her supposedly eating cereal during the night, which she did, so screw ha).

Also she's been linked to Dane Bowers and Brian Belo since her time in the house so I suppose that's every carefully stacked brick in favour of her having taste, being hurled out of the window violently.

Basically, well done public for deciding to give a blonde a break, twice in the same year in fact, but couldn't we have saved it for Lauren?

I save Kara-Louise because she reminds me of Rogue from the X-Men and that was a nice bunch of films I think so well done to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 15-08-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote