View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 12:23 PM #35
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis111 View Post
I feel I have quite a middle ground view on this issue.
On the one hand I say, these people NEED to get out of their country and to safety, they are all living awful lives, and we can change that. Imagine we closed our doors to Jewish people during WW2, it would've been one of the worst things Britain has done in history, could we do that now
On the other hand, if immigrants keep flowing in how to we keep track of who's in our country, as said before, we've not seen many families traveling across, the majority of the people are young men. The UK also has quite a high unemployment rate at the minute, and if immigrants need jobs to fund for themselves that number will rise. The UK is quite a small country, what about Scandinavia, large countries and a lot of wealth.
I'm not a big fan of David Cameron but I feel he can't win here, don't let Immigrants in he'll get a lot of sht for being heartless, let them in he'll get a lot of sht for the high unemployment rate and dropping economy.
I just dunno
People have quite a fluffy view of how this country reacted to the Jewish crisis in WW2. There was very vocal opposition to Jews coming here. After the war many were kept in holding camps for months... years. It wasn't all, come on in and have a cup of tea, mate. In 1938 over 300,000 German Jews had applied for only 27,000 refugee places. My family were lucky to be accepted in to the UK, but many weren't.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote