View Single Post
Old 27-09-2015, 06:56 PM #12
-

-

From a safety / morals point of view, there's really no reason not to if the fault has been identified, it's no less safe than any other rollercoaster (and despite this incident, they really do have an excellent statistical safety record). I've voted "not yet" though as I think it's all too fresh.

"Should" they reopen it from a business standpoint? Probably not. Even though it's just as safe as any other ride, it won't generally be perceived that way, and I can't really foresee a time where people won't be wary of it and (perhaps) the entire park simply because it's there. It could potentially be a PR disaster. It would potentially be a better idea to scrap it and build something else in its' place... although if the financial hit they've taken is even half as big as reported... that might be a stretch.

On the other hand - does scrapping it send the message that they're not confident that it ever was / ever could be safe? Does it suggest that other rides aren't safe either? Is it better to stand up confidently and say "all of our rides are safe"? Hmmm.

Tough call really.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote