Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
@ChasingTheGhost

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Scream 2

Rewatched it today after years, so my opinion I had when I was 13 changed a lot. I'm probably gonna get a lot of heat for this, yet it's my personal taste. This is the weakest entry out of the 4. I'll talk about Scream 3 when we get to it.

Is anyone else really bothered by this opening scene? The only thing running through my mind was the Scary Movie parody. (the gloryhole, heh.) Will Smith's ex wife is annoying as hell, her death couldn't come soon enough. We get our remaining 4 survivors back, Randy being my favorite. For such a big character his death was rather disappointing. It's like seeing Gale getting her throat slit without a fight. But if one of the survivors had to get the chop, i wouldn't be crying over Dewy dying in that one scene and not coming back. The new meat isn't as memorable. Sid's new boyfriend was just there, but her friend was cool, I liked that whole cop car scene. They really underused Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Now for the killers... my god they're the worst of the Ghostfaces. Loomis had such a great motivation to do what she did, but she just sucks as a killer. Having a minion doing all the dirty work is weak. Mickey's reveal was just dull. My least favorite final act for sure.

Overall it feels rushed, seeing that it was released under a year after the original and went through rewrites totally makes sense. Like Wes didn't want to do another but the studio was on their knees begging. It does have some good moments. I just wish they spent more time with the script. I don't love it, I don't hate it. Yet it kept my attention.

5/10
Sorry'boutit