RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Night five - I Know What You Did Last Summer

I think this movie has all the right ingredients to be something really special. But it sort of both works and doesn't work for me. The opening to the film is brilliant and I like films (especially horror films) that don't take forever to get going. It had a really great start and was only around fifteen minutes in when the hit and run took place. I found this to be one of the most interesting scenes as we got to see a little more about the characters and were beginning to scratch the surface with them. The scene were the group dumped the body in the docks was chilling when the supposedly dead fisherman opened his eyes and it really made me jump. There were actually many chilling and eerie moments in the movie such as Max's body in the boot with the crabs crawling out his mouth and the actual idea behind the killer.

However, I do think that for the next thirty/forty minutes or so the film gets incredibly boring. We find the poison pen letter to Julie with the movies title written on it then we see the group mainly speculate for a good three quarters of an hour as to what could be happening. Not much happens at all apart from Max's thirty second death scene in that huge chunk of the film. It gets a little tedious for my liking but I did like the scene between Julie, Helen and David Egan's sister Liz. I felt really empathetic towards her character and I liked the friendship duo of Helen and Julie.

Overall my favourite character in the film by far was Helen. I think she would have made a brilliant final girl type character and would've defied your typical final girl. I feel Julie is way too much of your typical final girl. Julie annoyed me on more than a couple of occasions but I did think Jennifer Love Hewitt portrayed her well but I just couldn't really warm to her character. I found Helen much more charismatic and her sister and fathers repulsive treatment of her made me like her even more as I felt so much sympathy towards her character. Helen's chase scene for me was also the most enjoyable part of the film and once again Sarah Michelle Gellar showed off her outstanding talent. I loved the tense build up and then the final kill at the end when it seems like she has finally gotten away from the killer </3

Onto the final scene. Even though I warmed to Julie a lot more in this scene, I did think that it was sort of crap. It just wasn't that good to be honest we just saw the killer chase Julie for a good fifteen minutes. I know I have expressed my love for cage scenes in the past and I do LOVE chase scenes but I did want to see the killers motive explained a bit more. He just basically said he didn't like that they murdered someone and that was about it. There was no communication or motive or reasoning and it just left me thinking 'Why?'. The final final scene with Julie in the changing rooms was great though with the fisherman bursting through the mirror. It left the mind to wonder what would happen with such an ambiguous ending.

Overall - 6/10

A good film but the tedious chunk in the middle and the messy final scene bring it down loads

Overall scores:

Scream - 10/10
Scream 2 - 9/10
House Of Wax - 8/10
I Know What You Did Last Summer - 6/10
Friday the 13th - 2/10

Last edited by Daniel-X; 06-10-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote