View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 10:15 AM #5

This so obviously a tragedy, and I extend my sympathy to the grieving family of this officer and condemn the callous bastard responsible for his murder, but our Judicial System is to blame for the greater part.

Every real life documentary which I have watched over the past few years from 'Road Wars' to 'Police Interceptors' features high speed car chases involving criminals in stolen cars, drug dealers fleeing the police, or even plain old drunk drivers not wanting to be caught, and in each case, the felons flee without any care about possibly fatal injury to other drivers and pedestrians, or other people's cars or property.

In nearly all cases where these maniacs have been caught, and when the program has reported it, the punishments which the Courts inflict are laughable and totally inadequate. Very rarely are jail sentences awarded and they are mere weeks when they are - and this is despite the fact that the perpetrators often have a long string of previous convictions for driving offences.

Until proper sentences are handed out, which act as both punishments and deterrents, these despicable arrogant bastards will continue to act as they wish to, and abhorrent murders such as this will increase.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 06-10-2015 at 10:16 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote