Thread: Revenge.
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2015, 10:06 PM #6

What inspired me to ask this question was an album I recently listened to called, "Still Caught Up" by Millie Jackson. The lyrics take you through this whole curb of emotions from someone who feels betrayed. She goes through sadness, anger, excitement and eventually madness. What she doesn't do is take revenge but it still reminds me of how I felt when I found out my ex had been secretly seeing another woman.

Sometimes you know its over before its over but when you really love someone and something happens that turns your world upside down, just walking away isn't easy. I know that I went through all those emotions Millie Jackson sings about in that album and some of them just weren't rational. I did go through a short period where I planned and plotted my revenge. I wanted to humiliate him and feed him the same emotional pain he'd fed me. I didn't go ahead with that revenge because by the time I'd set the plans in place, I'd moved into a much more rational curb and was able to recognise the stupidity of it.

My ex and me never got back together but we did move on and eventually we became good friends. If I had taken my revenge back then, that friendship wouldn't exist today.