View Single Post
Old 13-02-2016, 02:40 PM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....hmmm no, the 'knee jerk' was more about any understandable outrage/or sadness felt about Mushnin Ahmed's murder, which I think we all feel and which I believe I said.. but keeping it in perspective as being two hate-filled people having killed him, rather than it being an indication of 'a result of..' or having any link to any white supremist marches etc...I don't personally really do statistics/percentages/reports show this and that/ type thing because these things allow for so many inaccuracies/things factored into and not factored into and such the like and also are not inclusive of all...69% is a huge number, a huge rise so I think wherever we lived, we would have all seen some signs of that huge rise in racism/it would be hard to not see ... but not only is it not something I've experienced myself, so would doubt the figures (that's not saying that there may be some type of rise..).. but this isn't only racism, is it...it's that someone was murdered../and possibly a pure racist act of hate because of his faith...but for me to factor into that isolated hate act as well would be a day or evening of alcohol drinking/drug taking/both prescription and other ...and getting into a 'raging fury' and together with an inbuilt racial prejudice, which built up to hate, extreme hate, yes of course...but still no indication of any other factors involved in that hate of, for instance 'all of these Muslim people are ISIS, 'we' don't want any here'....those are things that we could not possibly know unless it was stated by these men, yes we've felt this since the Paris attacks or another IS attack...what we do know is that they were hate filled when they killed Mushnan and they have to 'own' that hate themselves and hopefully recieve maximum sentences for it, seperate and apart from any ISIS acts in the world...

..I do feel personally that thinking any correlation..(I'm using Marsh's word..)...with what these two men did that day and any possible 'influenced encoragement/incitement' from world events is just something that isn't there atm...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote