View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 03:22 PM #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I can't complain too much since I didn't vote but someone needs to explain the Kate thing to me. Like... she was boring. She just existed. What did she do? What are Kate moments? Why am I supposed to love her and view her as a great first female winner?

w/e, anything other than an Alex/Adele/Sandy/Tim top four would've been incorrect so it's fine.
I loved Kate and I don't think she was boring. Yes she was 'normal' compared to some later series HM's but that's not a bad thing. As for 'Kate moments', it's not really about that for me. She didn't have any individual stand out moments that made me like her, it was her general personality as a whole. I just found her extremely likeable and relateable and enjoyed watching her for no other reason than I enjoyed watching her.
I think sometimes we try and view HM's as characters and when we talk about BB we sometimes refer to their 'story arcs' or dramatic moments etc as if they're characters in a drama series, and yes that can sometimes add to their appeal for me, but really they're just people living in a house, they're all just 'existing', but with it being reality TV they don't have to have the usual traits associated with TV characters for me to like them. So there isn't really a defining characteristic, or a 'type' that she fits into, I just liked Kate for Kate tbh.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote