Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Well across the board,this issue also may be of benefit long term and short term for the Labour party.
I have no doubt there will be some expulsions from the party after this investigation,very small because I have no belief at all that there are a really high number of people with anti-semitic views in the party anyway.
Also Labour will have been one party that acted on the issue and investigated it.

Long term that will be of benefit to the Party, even if Corbyn remains as leader,if he does, I cannot see any way that he will remain leader for the 2020 election but not because he holds any anti-semitic leanings, which I do not think he does but he has not handled this that well and forceful enough for me.

However, short term too, if Labour do badly in this weeks elections,they can blame Livingstone and this uproar for any poorer showing than may have been.

For me however,enough has been done for now, the MP is suspended and dropping her may well be the result of his inquiry,Livingstone has been out of the party before and he should be again now for his comments last week,I think that will happen too.
Then let's see what this inquiry brings out and not brand all in Labour,particularly on the left, as some are trying to do,as near all holding likely anti-semitic views.
Prejudice against the left or even the right is as bad as any other prejudice,in my view.

Also I hope some better outline is brought in as to where justified commenting and criticism of Israel actually really crosses into being the abhorrent views as to the heading of this thread.
Just because some criticise Israel does not mean those people are anti Jewish at all and trying to inflame any criticism into being anti-semitic does a massive disservice to the whole issue.

I am firm supporter of the Israeli Nation,I do not agree with all it does and I believe in the two state solution and just because I am of left leaning politics now, I take great offence at being branded as maybe holding any anti-semitic views just because I am on the left.
Also being firm here too, all the people I have come to know on the left, have no such views either.

Last edited by joeysteele; 01-05-2016 at 11:44 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote