View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 09:26 AM #22
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
There are racist incidents reported every week and always have been and always will be.I think this article is quite misleading trying to blame it on the fact that we've left the EU.If you read it they've just found one racist incident and conflated it with the referendum to make a story.There always has been racism and always will be in every country.Hell i've faced it from gangs of asians and blacks on multiple occasions in the past.
Oh come on, this is a huge leap. It's just coincidence? The amount of casual racism I've heard since Friday is staggering, from people I'd never have expected it from. I've had a previously perfectly nice old gentleman start ranting about a black customer that it's because of "these Islam extremists" that Brexit is a good thing, we can "get rid of all that lot" finally. The other customer is a Christian from Africa... And genuinely one of our most laid back and friendly customers.

Just coincidence, I think not. The attitudes are clearly not new, they've been festering away in these people's grubby little heads all along, they just now feel like they have permission to pour their filth all over the streets.

As always though I'm quite happy with that. Makes it easier to know how to react to people when they're openly being scum rather than hiding it away.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote