BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I used to be a big athletics fan, back in the day of Linford, I would have never have missed an event like this, but I haven't been that interested in the past 5-10 year's and didn't even realise this was happening.

Just checked out the men's 100m, that was a disgrace the British lad getting kicked out.

Who are our top male sprinters at present? and where is Gemili? is he going to Rio?
Full team is announced this Wednesday but some athletes have already secured automatic selection at the trials a few weeks ago, Gemili being one of them in the 200m.

Our current auto qualifiers in the 100m sprint are James Dasaolu (PB 9.91 - second fastest British man ever) and James Ellington (PB 10.04 just recently set at these Euro champs). We can send 3 athletes per event so the person who finished 3rd at the trials will probably be sent too - that's CJ Ujah who has also run under 10 seconds in the past year with a PB of 9.96.

In the men's 200m, Adam Gemili (PB 19.98) and Danny Talbot (PB 20.27) were top two at the trials and so are automatically selected, but the big talent is Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake who ran 19.95 earlier this year which ranks him 5th in the world this year going into the Olympics, so there's a real chance he could make the final (same for Adam if he can match his PB again). Nethaneel will most likely be selected as the other potential athlete for the third spot (Zharnel Hughes, PB 20.02 who trains with Usain Bolt and broke Usain Bolt's junior records and was 5th at last years World Champs) has withdrawn from potentially being selected due to injury.

I'll post the team here in full once it's revealed on Wednesday!

Last edited by Headie; 10-07-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote