View Single Post
Old 20-07-2016, 03:48 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Bless her. But I don't think young people do it for 'show' Jamie - I think they just like tattoos (I keep typing 'tattoes' - I'll have to stop looking at my feet while I'm typing ) I know, from virtually, ALL the bright young things of my generation -men and women - that 90% of them regret having them, and most of the women hate having to wear long sleeved, high necked clothes in Summer in an attempt to 'cover them up'.

My suggestion for anyone who is sufficiently 'moved' by an 'experience' that they must record it, is buy a diary or a videocam. (just joking Jamie.)
I think a lot of people do regret having tattoos, usually when they just get the one (or two) because of a fad, because of how they'll look, because they're drunk etc... it would be interesting to know the reasons behind why the 90% that you know who regretted them, got their tattoos in the first place, compared to the reasons the other 10% got theirs. Because I do think there's a distinction, and it comes down to why the person gets the tattoo in the first place, and if it's for a reason that's personal to them, rather than just being because of how it will look to other people, then it won't matter to them what they'll look like when they get older... and maybe that could explain the 10%? And I know you were just joking with the last bit and it's hard to explain, but it's about having the experience be a permanent part of their body, as well their mind. My friend would argue that her body is her diary.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote