Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

I will be doing a parachute jump in aid of Dementia Awareness after my beautiful mum got diagnosed with this illness. My previous challenge a walk from Gerrards Cross to Kings Cross at the end of June 2014 unfortunately got cancelled due to my recovery from a sudden major operation last year.

My passion for raising awareness on failings within the Dementia Care system came about when my lovely mum suffered serious failures of care in her previous 'care' home. This shocking abuse placed my mum in hospital suffering lacerations on her lower back and was put on a drip due to severe dehydration.

Thankfully my mum was one of the lucky ones and now resides in a beautiful care home in Iver Buckinghamshire. But complacency must NEVER be allowed to happen - my campaign for CCTV to be installed in communal areas as well as exits and entrances by law in ALL dementia care homes, led me, via a chance meeting with Jeremy Hunt MP to meet with Head of the CQC (Care Quality Commission) Andrea Sutcliffe of which finally I was allowed to air my grievances and explain my personal reasons why CCTV should be placed in ALL dementia care homes .

My Dementia Family Support Group on FB proves that the failings within the dementia care system is still a growing problem.

There is one certainty in life and that is we will grow old one day . We will also know someone who suffers from this very cruel illness - as the Dementia Care system stands, this is a very frightening prospect.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me with my raising awareness on this illness that has affected my family and continues to affect many thousands more.

Together we WILL make a difference.
Wow this rivals MLK's speech