View Single Post
Old 27-07-2016, 11:48 AM #1

Default Why Jason is a Bad Winner

Before I start this, I want people to know that I am NOT bitter about Hughie not winning. That's not my issue at all. I also have no issue if any of you thought Jason deserved that win. With that said I want to freely give my say on this.

Jason for me, is one of the worst winners ever, and taints what would've been an amazing season. The main reason I think this is because he basically didn't do much and then did sudden randomly really important things every now and again. His personality itself was very uninteresting due to his lack of emotions and he was usually found to be interesting when he relied on interactions with others, such as Lateysha or Charlie or even Andy. He was never interesting on his own. He got all this sympathy for BB "provoking" him but I was not even feeling bad. If he really wanted to leave then he should've just went out the fire exit.

I don't mind game players (see Nasty Nick and Dexter), but Jason was not only an unlikable one, but an uninteresting one. He was unlikable because he repeatedly kept painting himself as this really nice guy when in actuality he was a game player. This technically isn't a bad thing on paper, but when you take Charlie into account, it really makes him hateable for me. If he was really a game player this whole time, then he used a vulnerable woman's emotions to make himself look better. So it's more of a slimy gameplayer rather than a likable one. Then he was uninteresting because his personality just does not fit the "game player" stigma. He's too reserved, he's too emotionless, and he didn't do anything besides random game changing moves, like nominating Charlie (she wouldn't have been up for eviction if he hadn't nominated her), evicting Lateysha, and then breaking down equipment to get sympathy, intentionally or not. He's just not a nice guy like he keeps saying. He may have deserved to rank high, but I really don't think unlikeable behaviour should be rewarded. He did not even get a warning for his damaging of equipment.

Even if Hughie had lost against, say, Jackson for example, I wouldn't mind. As much as I dislike Jackson he stood out much more than Jason so if he won over Hughie, I'd be much less mad. I could even say the same on Jayne, Evelyn, and Andy, regardless of my opinions on any of them.

It's perfectly fine if any of you thought he was a good winner. But I thought he was just a terrible one, plain and simple.

Last edited by Epic.; 27-07-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote