Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
I disagree with Biggins 100% on that issue but...

People are entitled to have, and to express opinions that others 100% disagree with.

If not, we are all in trouble.
There is a difference between free speech and hate speech. As far as I'm concerned, what Biggins stated was nothing but hate. There may have been young bisexual men and women who were watching what he said and feeling even worse about themselves than they already do.

Let me say this, I have suffered depression from around the age of 13, mainly because of my sexuality. I was so confused. 'What am I?', I always thought to myself. 'How can I be attracted to both males and females? Something has to be wrong with me. I'm a freak. Okay, I'm probably just confused and need to figure out who I am'.

Fast forward to my 20's, and I was still feeling confused and weird because I am attracted to both males and females. This opinion of myself was formed through others' ignorance on the topic, from those who had been marinated in a toxicity and spitefulness because of some 'off' experience they may have had with someone. I took it on myself to do research about this topic. I found that there is something called a sexuality spectrum. Whilst there are many who are 100% gay or 100% straight; there are also many who fall on the spectrum anywhere in between. Someone can be 60% gay and 40% straight for example. A bisexual may be more attracted to one sex more than another - that doesn't mean they aren't bisexual.

If I, a bisexual male, get turned on by both males and females, what am I? Are you going to tell me that my feelings and instincts are wrong and a lie? Are you going to tell me that I'm disgusting?

When I was 19, I came out as gay as opposed to bisexual due to fear of being rejected by my own community. It was only a year ago that I built up the courage to admit to being bisexual to those around me. Ironically, my family found it harder to accept my bisexuality than me being gay. My current girlfriend doesn't mind and is very open-minded, so I'm very lucky there. I don't and have never slept around, which is a very common misconception of bisexuals. I have only ever slept with 3 people. I am very happy in my current relationship, and my gf knows that I would rather end our r/ship before I would ever even think about cheating on her. It doesn't even come into my mind.

I wish people would do research on a topic, especially when it's affecting their own community. There is a problem within the LGBTQ community with regards to gay people shunning bisexuals.

I am a bisexual and I am proud. My sexuality is normal and valid. If you can't get that through your very ignorant and misinformed brain, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by lovebigbrotheruk; 05-08-2016 at 05:45 PM.
lovebigbrotheruk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote