RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Paulie's one of the main characters on this show and only just recently has truly been this villainous person that he's been made out to be for weeks/months. Honestly I just like plenty of assholes on these shows anyway because they do bring entertainment but it's ridiculous that people apparently CAN'T like Paulie when a much more boring, played out, and more offensive asshole, Evel Dick, has a whole bunch of fans.

Paulie made a couple ignorant remarks but I'm pretty much over it already although I personally don't really see him in the same light anymore. And that's not even necessarily due to the comments he made, more so just the general way he's been acting while he's defensive. That's what made me find him annoying the most. The way he argued was like a complete douche-ass... it reminded me of how someone like Vanessa would argue but then throw in the insensitive comments as well. It was not a good look. I understand that.

But back to the point, I don't see how people CAN'T like Paulie when plenty of "assholes" are universally liked around here and in general. Paulie has been very funny/entertaining throughout this season. And like no he's not literally evil.

I KNOW fan favorites on here have said worse that is just brushed off as funny or ironic. The thing with Paulie is just that people have not liked him since they got a douchey vibe from him early on and everything he does is viewed with a magnifying glass until he finally goes over the line one night while he's really mad. He is indeed an ignorant person though.

The worst thing he said IMO was "you're as fake as those things on your chest" because that was taking a personal shot at someone in a very smug way. The rest were a few ignorant comments that will not AFFECT anyone. Like I could see Jersey girls maybe taking offense to it but I don't see how they could when it's such a ridiculous claim he's making in generalizing all of them. And if Bridgette said "I'm a feminist at heart so I'm going to side with her" I could see how Paulie would take that the wrong way, as ignorant as he may be with his comments afterwards.

I forgot where else I was gonna go with this if anything but I'm about to head out so I'll leave you with this... Like whoever dafuk you wanna like.
wonderful post Jersey! anyone can like who they want and it shouldn't be a problem. It's doesn't effect anyone at all.. and the people who still like him have their reasons and it still doesn't mean they condone everything he has done. I don't it was cruel etc and I don't love him like I use to but I prefer him to others.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote