Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
Well, or it could just be that she finds Colin more irritating, or expects more from him, as a middle-aged man, than she does from Bear, who's openly in there to cause mayhem, 24/7. What would be the point of talking to Stephen about anything, when all complaints about his antics seem to do is encourage the next installment in the Bear show? Colin, I'm guessing, is more frustrating because he's so weak, mentally, and so easily led. An apology one day is absolutely no guarantee that he won't repeat the offending behaviour next time Lewis or Bear throw him a few scraps of kindness. It's kind of tragic, really. But it also must be massively annoying. And then there's the 'Boom!' thing. As a viewer, I want Colin to die every time he does that. Imagine being locked up with it, for weeks that must seem like months now.
Yes, I think you've made some good points here. I think she does expect better of him, not because of his age but because she knows he is actually a decent person, and I think you're right in saying she is probably frustrated with him at being so easily led, again because deep inside he is a decent person.

You are also right in your observations about Bear- any comment to him would fall on deaf ears, and as he enjoys provoking others, would more than likely just encourage him to continue.

I guess it's a case of appealing to the man with a conscience, rather than the man without, as at least you have some chance of having an impact.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote